Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

[P]atriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.  ~Adlai Stevenson

Love your country.  Your country is the land where your parents sleep, where is spoken that language in which the chosen of your heart, blushing, whispered the first word of love; it is the home that God has given you that by striving to perfect yourselves therein you may prepare to ascend to Him.  ~Giuseppe Mazzini

How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy.  ~Paul Sweeney

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.  ~Elmer Davis

If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.  ~Hamilton Fish

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea.  ~John Gunther

If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag.  ~Author Unknown

Where liberty dwells, there is my country.  ~Benjamin Franklin

Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!  ~Daniel Webster


If you take advantage of everything America has to offer, there’s nothing you can’t accomplish.  ~Geraldine Ferraro


Oh, it's home again and home again, America for me!
I want a ship that's westward bound to plough the rolling sea
To the blessed land of Room Enough beyond the ocean bars,
Where the air is full of sunlight and the flag is full of stars.
~Henry Van Dyke


Sometimes people call me an idealist.  Well, that is the way I know I am an American.  America is the only idealistic nation in the world.  ~Woodrow Wilson




This, then, is the state of the union:  free and restless, growing and full of hope.  So it was in the beginning.  So it shall always be, while God is willing, and we are strong enough to keep the faith.  ~Lyndon B. Johnson


We sleep peacefully at night, cradled by the big strong hands of America.  ~Val Saintsbury


America is another name for opportunity.  Our whole history appears like a last effort of divine providence on behalf of the human race.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love my freedom.  I love my America.  ~Jessi Lane Adams

This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.  ~Theodore Roosevelt

Star-spangled happiness
and banner waves of pride.
~Cherishe Archer

America, for me, has been the pursuit and catching of happiness.  ~Aurora Raigne

My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue.  ~Author Unknown