Monday, July 25, 2011

Hosting a party as a weight loss surgery post-op patient

There are parties, events, and special occasions after weight loss surgery. You can even host them. But I can't eat everything, or I will be tempted or what do I make?

It's easier than you might think. Plan your menu. Get a head count and go for it!

Menu: certainly serve protein options that you like, let others bring the carbs.

As you prep, make sure you have had a protein meal before you shop and before you start cooking to avoid temptation. Save your tasting for when everyone has arrived.

I served 40 this weekend--a seafood boil, including shrimp, scallops, mussels, potatoes, onions, corn, garlic, lemon & Old Bay with grilled snapper & king fish. The guests brought salads, appetizers, & desserts.

Leftovers on Sunday....no problem. I used Mootopia & chicken broth, added the fish, potatoes, corn, onion and some chopped carrots for color.....chowder....yummy!